We all know Nutella is the bee's knee's, especially when used in baking, therefor enjoy this recipe of Nutella S'mores bars
FYI if you aren't from The States and don't know what S'mores is, basically it's a cookie sandwich incorporating Graham Crackers, Chocolate and Toasted Marshmallow, yum!
- 9 full sized graham crackers (1 sleeve, about 5 oz) (can find alternative using Arnott's brand)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 of a 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- Set the oven to 350F (180C)
- Grind the graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Process until the mixture is very finely pulverized, with no lumps.
- Mix the cracker meal with the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla bean paste and blend well.
- Add in the flour/graham mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into a lightly greased or parchment lined 8x8 square baking pan. Using your fingers, spread the dough evenly across the pan.
- Spread the Nutella over the dough.
- Using a small spoon, dollop the marshmallow fluff evenly across the Nutella. You don't need to spread it out, but try to get small dollops evenly distributed across the entire surface.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 of the dough over the top. Use your fingertips to break it apart into small pieces and scatter it evenly across the surface. Some of the marshmallow will peek through.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until lightly golden and puffed up a bit. You can check it with a toothpick, there should be no wet dough sticking to it.
- Let cool before cutting if you want neat squares, but these are pretty amazing while they are still warm.
Recipe from Theviewfromgreatisland