No-bake healthy salted caramel cups, WHAT!?
uhhhhh, did we read that properly?
Salted caramel cups that are healthy and require no baking? yep we've just died and gone to sweet treat loving heaven.
Get your cooking apron on and start creating!
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- ½ cup pretzels
- 8 whole medjool dates, pitted
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- a pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 cup thick caramel (could be homemade salted caramel, date caramel or store bought caramel pieces melted into a sauce - but make sure it is a little bit salty!)
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- sea salt, optional, for topping
- CRUST: Pulse the oats, pecans, and pretzels in a food processor until broken down into small pieces. Add the dates, coconut oil, and sea salt and pulse until a soft dough forms. Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes to help the mixture become easier to work with.
- CARAMEL: Meanwhile, prepare the caramel and melt the chocolate.
- ASSEMBLY: When the crust mixture is firm enough, press into a muffin tin, leaving a well in the center of each. Add a tablespoon or two of caramel into each cup and top with chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt if you want. Refrigerate or freeze until hardened. Remove from muffin tins and serve (give them a little time if they've been frozen).
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Pinchofyum