Normally the words "truffles and chocolate" would mean that you're about to eat something very naughty.. but with this healthy recipe you can indulge and feel no guilt!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brazil nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/6 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/6 cup maple syrup
- 1/6 cup cacao powder
- Fleur de sel or other salt
To make the truffles
- Grind the oats and nuts into flour.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the coconut oil and maple syrup until you have a sticky, thick dough that holds its shape.
- Shape into balls and put in the freezer until solid.
To make the chocolate
- Stir together the ingredients until smooth. Dip the truffles in the chocolate, the chocolate should harden pretty fast, so dip them another one or two times if you like.
- Sprinkle on the salt and put the truffles in the fridge or freezer, enjoy whenever you like! Leave them in the freezer if you want them more firm, or the fridge if you prefer a softer texture.
Recipe taken from Rawfoodrecipes