12 surprising facts about teeth that will blow your mind...
Teeth are an interesting part of the human body and play a big role in not only your health but your confidence too! Taking care of them is vital.
Here are some interesting facts that you probably didn't know about your pearlers...
- Surveys indicate that 50% of people say that someone’s smile is the first thing they notice about a person.
- The hardest part of the human body? Tooth enamel.
- Over the course of your life, you will spend about 38 days brushing your teeth.
- Modern toothpaste has only been around for about 100 years.
- Before that, people used charcoal ashes, chalk, lemon juice, and other concoctions to brush their teeth!
- When you don’t floss, you miss cleaning up to 40% of your tooth’s surface area.
- Teeth tattoos are a thing? Yep.
- In Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, braces are considered super cool...
-If you're right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you're left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- There are 10-12 teaspoons of sugar in a single can of soda. Water will still always be the best thing for your teeth!
- More people use blue toothbrushes rather than red ones.
- They say the average woman smiles 62 times a day. The average man smiles about 8 times a day. ( but we're sure that's changing, one HiSmile kit at a time)
Image source - Instagram and Pinterest